How TO CONTACT A BUYER/SELLER
There is "Messeges Received" (those that others has sent you)
There is "Messeges Sent" (those you have sent) which is not on the old software of AG...the only place you could find them on AG is if you kept the email that you received a messege.
Now to reach a member it depends on who you are contacting and why. (Their privacy is more protected with the new software)
If you are contacting a "Buyer" you can click on "Items sold" under "Selling" in the middle of the page...on the right hand side in "Green" is "Messege Board" click on that.
If you are contacting a "Seller" that you purchased from click on "Items Won" under "Bidding on the left....again on the right it will say "Messege Board" in "Green"
If you haven't sold or purchased an item from them and they have items for sale you can click on "Contact Seller" on one of the items page.
For the members privacy (protection from Spammers) you have to go through me to contact them if they have not purchased or sold an item from you.
Under "Selling"....click on "Invoices Sent".....at the bottom is "View Product Invoice" and "Edit Product Invoice" at the bottom of both of these there is a "Comment" box where you can contact the buyer.
Under "Bidding"....click on "Invoices Received"....at the top of the invoice information click on the "Item Title"....that takes you to the page of the item.....in the middle in "Green" it says "Open Messege Board"....click on that and it will allow you to send the "Seller" a messege.
So you can see that there is actually many more ways to contact a member with the new software and still protect the member.
Under "Selling" click on "Items Sold"
Scroll down to the item sold and click on "Send Item Invoice"
Put a check mark in the box on the left.
Then add any comments in the big box.
Add insurance if applicable.
You will NOT see the tax (if any) at this time.
Click on "Proceed".
All done...the invoice is sent to the buyer now.
To check/edit/re-send the invoice just click on the appropriate box under "Invoices Sent"
NOTE: Be sure with each new listing that you select "Both" and not just "Auction" or "Store". The reason for this is that way your listings will come up when ever someone clicks anywhere or does a search. If you just select "Auctions" they won't appear in your store. If you just select "Store" they will only appear when someone clicks on your "Store Logo". By selecting "Both" they will appear no matter how the buyer gets there.
If you are one of the sellers that is required to collect sales tax for sales within your State then you will love this software.
Go to "Selling" and select "Prefilled Fields". There set your required sales tax.
Then for each new item you list the sales tax box will already be checked. For your existing listings you will have to do them manually.
The best part is the software does the work for you. If someone buys an item that does NOT live in your state the software will not add the sales tax to your invoice but for those that do live within your State the software will calculate and add the sales tax to your invoice automatically. The sales tax is added to the item price only.....not the shipping.
1. Tool Bar under Logo...click on "Sell"
2. LIST IN: You have three options: Site ~ Shop ~ Both. Once you select an option you cannot edit the item and change this. You would have to start from scratch.
a.If you do not have a store then you will want to click on "Site". This means that when someone clicks on "Categories" your items will be in the results and also when they type in the name of your item in the search box.
b.If you have a store and only want people to find your items at your store then you will select "Shop". Remember that your items will not appear when someone selects a category.
c.If you have a store and want your items to appear when someone does a search, selects a category or clicks on your store then you will want to select "Both". This is the selection for the most exposure anywhere on the site. Remember "BOTH IS BEST"
3. CHOOSE LISTING TYPE: Here you have a drop down box with Full Listing ~ Quick Listing ~ Buy Out Item.
Full Listing gives you all the options that you may want to list your "Auction Style" item with a "Buy Now" option which disappears once a "Bid" is placed.
Quick Listing gives you some of the options so you can quickly get your item listed.
Buy Out Item gives you only the option to "Buy Now" the item. Buyers cannot place a bid on the item.
4. ITEM TITLE: This is probably the most important part of your listing. When search engines (outside the site) search they pick up keywords in the various sites and most of them come from the title of your listing. Very few people know this and therefore don't spend any real thought on their title.
a. Make sure your title includes the name of the item of course but try to add words that will put the item in a category or theme. IE: You are selling an small charm for making something. This charm can be used for many things so you have to make a choice unless you title it carefully. Example: Silver Plated Bunny charm for Earrings ~ Necklaces ~ Zipper Pulls ~ Cell Phones ~ Key Rings. By making your title in this way when someone types in a search for "Cell Phone"...your item appears but the next person types in a search for "Back Packs"...your item still appears. More exposure....more sales.
5. DESCRIPTION: This is where you can save yourself a lot of work later. Now this is an HTML text editor and I will not go into using that at this time. It is something that needs learned, something you will want to do later as you will be able to add color and all kinds of fun things. But here is where you are going to "Explain" what you are selling. "Initial content" is already typed into the box but you are going to remove that and use the box to type in your own words.
a. I know it seems like it's a waste of time here but DON'T skimp on words here. It will save you so much time later. Describe your item and important things about it like 1. what it's made of. 2. What size is it. 3. Anything that will help the buyer know what they are getting. It is going to save you a lot of time because you will get all kinds of emails asking questions about it.
6. MAIN CATEGORY: Click on "Select" chose a category and then a sub-category that your item will best fit into.
7. ADDITIONAL CATEGORY: Select a Second Category to place your item for more exposure. Some items fit naturally into many categories and this will help produce more sales.
8. CURRENCY: It's automatically set at U.S. Dollars but you can change if necessary.
9. QUANTITY: It's automatically set at 1 but if you have more of this item and want it listed here put the total of this item here.
10. AUCTION STARTS AT USD: Put the starting price of your item in the box. Remember to make it the minimum that you will accept for this item as it may be what it sells for.
11. ENABLE RESERVE: Leave this blank if you are not going to put a "Reserve Price" on your item. If you want to place a reserve price on an item check this box. That will open another box where you will type in the price you want to place. IE: You put a starting auction price on your item of 5.00 but you don't want to sell it for anything less than 10.00. Place the 10.00 reserve price on the item. If the bidding doesn't reach the "Reserved" price of 10.00 by the end of the listing then the item doesn't sell and you have to list it again. NOTE: Personally I've never understood why anyone would bother with this. Just list the starting price at the minimum price you will accept for this item. Done Deal.
12. ENABLE BUY OUT: Check this box if you are listing an item for "Auction" but will allow someone to "Buy It Now" for another price higher than the starting price. When you check this box it open another box to put the price you will accept for a "Buy Now" sale. If you enable Buy Out, users will be able to purchase your item instantly, without the need for the auction end time to be reached.
13. BID INCREMENT: Here you can use our built-in proportional increments table or you can check the "Custom Increment" and it will open a box for you to put a custom bid increase.
14. ADD TAX: If you enable this option, your local tax will be applied to the price of this item only if you have set the tax rate in your "Prefilled Fields" in Members Area Selling section. If direct payment is enabled, the tax will only be applied to the sale price, and not to the shipping and insurance prices. Check this box ONLY if you have to collect sales tax from buyers in your state. If you have applied and set your tax settings prior to this our software will tax ONLY those buyers that are buying from or shipping to your state.
This saves you from having to monitor and invoice them separately. The system does it automatically for you. NOTE: This can be changed on an individual basis with each listing. Some items are not taxed and some are required. You have a choice with each listing.
15. ITEM FEATURING: Click on any of the boxes above if to feature your item. Additional fees might apply. Home Page Feathured ~ Category Pages Featured ~ Highlighted Item ~ Bolded
Item all brings attention to your listing over others and promotes more sales.
16. START TIME: It is automatically set on "Now" but you can set the starting time you anytime you wish. Click on "Custom" to set a date in the future. To the right of that is a drop down box where you can select a "Duration" of the listing anywhere from one full day to two months.
17. PRIVATE AUCTION: By enabling this option, bidders on this auction will be hidden to site users, and only you (the owner of the auction) will be able to see the usernames of the bidders. Bid amounts will still be visible. This does not mean only certain people can see this listing. You will use "password listing" for that.
18. IMAGES: Here you can upload images from your computer or enter the url of the image you wish to appear here. You can upload up to 10 image(s). First 10 image(s) uploaded will be free. The images above are will be uploaded. You can remove them by clicking on the check box that appears under the image you wish to delete. Big pictures sell better but do not go over 550 pixels.
19. AUTO RELIST: Here is where you can really save time and get creative.
a. Enable Auto Relist: Click on the checkbox above if you want your item to be relisted automatically if it does not sell.
b. Auto Relist if Sold: By enabling this option, your item will be relisted even if sold. Check this box ONLY if you have more than one of the same item and have put the total amount you have in the "Quanity" box. IE: Say you put in that you have 3 of this item. When this one sells it will automatically relist the item again. When the relisted items sells it will again relist the item automatically, BUT when the third item sells it will NOT relist the item. Real time saver here.
c. Number of Auto Relists: Enter the number of times the item will be relisted automatically. The maximum number of auto relists allowed is 10.
d. An common example is....I have one item and want to keep it relisted until it sells. I check "Enable Auto Relist" and set "Number of Auto Relists" to the maximum of 10. It sold on the 3rd relist so it didn't relist anymore.
20. SHIPPING CONDITIONS: Select the shipping conditions for your listing.
21. POSTAGE: Enter a postage amount for this item or leave blank if the postage is free or doesn't apply.
22. INSURANCE: Enter an insurance amount for this item or leave blank if no insurance is applied.
23. SHIPPING & PAYMENT DETAILS: Here is an example copied and pasted of what I personally put in this section but this is up to you:
"I accept PayPal ONLY. NO eChecks!! We do combine shipping on all purchases that close within 2 days of each other. If you wish TRACKING it will be an additional fee if not provided by usps. Combined shipping requires one payment on all items and services."
24. SHIPPING METHOD: Here is a drop down box where you can choose a shipping method for this item which already includes the "Flat Rate" selections.
25. DIRECT PAYMENT METHODS: We have two options for direct payment from this site which is
PayPal and Google Checkout. You must have an account to use either of these options. Select direct payment methods for this item. You need to set up these payment methods from the account management page. By using direct payment, buyers are able to pay for the item directly through the site.
Click on the name of a payment gateway to enter/update it's details. IMPORTANT: Say you are going to use PayPal. Below the large PayPal Logo is a small paypal. click on the small paypal and it open a box. Enter your paypal email address and click "proceed". Put a check in the box next to the small paypal.
26. OFFLINE PAYMENTS: This means exactly what it says. Select any payment methods from the above that the buyer might use to pay for the item. The payment through these payment methods will be handled offline. Select only if you have an account and machine to process these option payments.
These are ONLY for Offline Payments. Unless you are able to process a credit card offline yourself without the assistance of this site then do not select any of these options except do select "Money Orders" if you accept them.
27. Click "Next" and it will show all the details of your listings. When you have verified that everything is just the way you want it then click "List Now".
Copy and print this out. Keep it beside your computer for quick reference. After a couple of times it will all be second nature to you.